Going Back, Progress
I want to be a kid again. I want to go back to the time when…
* Decisions were made by going “Eeny-meeny-miney-mo.”
* Mistakes were corrected by simply exclaiming, “Do over!”
* “Race issue” meant arguing about who ran the fastest.
* Money issues were handled by whoever was the banker in “Monopoly.”
* Catching the fireflies could happily occupy an entire evening.
* It wasn’t odd to have two or three “best” friends.
* Being old referred to anyone over 20.
* The worst thing you could catch from the opposite sex was cooties.
* It was magic when dad would “remove” his thumb.
* It was unbelievable that dodgeball wasn’t an Olympic event.
* Having a weapon in school meant being caught with a slingshot.