Behold, the Lord’s hand is not shortened, that it cannot save,
or his ear dull, that it cannot hear;
but your iniquities have made a separation
between you and your God,
and your sins have hidden his face from you
so that he does not hear.
— Isaiah 59:1-2
Come now, let us reason together, says the Lord:
though your sins are like scarlet,
they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red like crimson,
they shall become like wool.
— Isaiah 1:18
“I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.
— Isaiah 43.25
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.
— John 3:16
God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting people’s sins against them.
— 2 Corinthians 5:19
God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.
— 2 Corinthians 5:21
We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.
— 2 Corinthians 5:20
Verses fron the English Standard Bibble
Father’s Love Letter
An Intimate Message From God To You.
(This is a repost from September, 2013
It is well worth reading. Look up the verses
and get really blessed)
You may not know me,
I know when you sit down and when you rise up.
I am familiar with all your ways.
Even the very hairs on your head are numbered.
For you were made in my image.
In me you live and move and have your being.
For you are my offspring.
I knew you even before you were conceived.
I chose you when I planned creation.
You were not a mistake,
I determined the exact time of your birth
You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
I knit you together in your mother’s womb.
And brought you forth on the day you were born.
I have been misrepresented
I am not distant and angry,
And it is my desire to lavish my love on you.
Simply because you are my child
I offer you more than your earthly father ever could.
For I am the perfect father.
Every good gift that you receive comes from my hand.
For I am your provider and I meet all your needs.
My plan for your future has always been filled with hope.
Because I love you with an everlasting love.
My thoughts toward you are countless
And I rejoice over you with singing.
I will never stop doing good to you.
For you are my treasured possession.
I desire to establish you
And I want to show you great and marvelous things.
If you seek me with all your heart,
Delight in me and I will give you
For it is I who gave you those desires.
I am able to do more for you
For I am your greatest encourager.
I am also the Father who comforts you
When you are brokenhearted,
As a shepherd carries a lamb,
One day I will wipe away
And I’ll take away all the pain
I am your Father, and I love you
For in Jesus, my love for you is revealed.
He is the exact representation of my being.
He came to demonstrate that I am for you,
And to tell you that I am not counting your sins.
Jesus died so that you and I could be reconciled.
His death was the ultimate expression
I gave up everything I loved
If you receive the gift of my son Jesus,
And nothing will ever separate you
Come home and I’ll throw the biggest party
I have always been Father,
My question is…
I am waiting for you.
Father’s Love Letter used by permission Father Heart Communications
Note: I have posted this before but the message is timeless and a good reminder as we start out the new year . I have added a verse from Matthew & Mark gospels ….
Ephesians 2:4-5 states , “But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, 5 even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)…”
“The love with which He loved us” Blesses me very much. John 3:16 says that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son…” That is another description of the love with which He loved us.
This year I want to pursue a study of the verses stating God’s love for us.Today I am reposting Jesus loved us and gave Himself for us from last year. I have updated it with a verse found in both the gospels of Matthew and Mark.
The phrase “gave Himself” captivated me, concerning Jesus’ giving Himself for us. So I did a word search for the phrase and came up with the following points and verses.
Jesus gave Himself…
…to give His life as a ransom for many
- Matthew 20:28 & Mark 10:45 — Even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.” (NKJV)
…for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age
- Gal 1:3-5 — Grace to you and peace from God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ, 4 who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father, 5 to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen. (NKJV)
…for me (He loved me and gave Himself for me)
- Gal 2:20 — I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me. (NKJV)
…for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God
- Eph 5:1-2 — Therefore be imitators of God as dear children. 2 And walk in love, as Christ also has loved us and given Himself for us, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling aroma. (NKJV)
- Eph 5:2 — He loved us and offered himself as a sacrifice for us… (NLT)
…for His Church, that He might sanctify and cleanse her and present her to Himself holy without blemish
- Eph 5:25-27 — Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, 26 that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, 27 that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. (NKJV)
- Eph 5:25-26 — …Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her… (NLT)
…a ransom for all, to purchase freedom for everyone
- 1 Tim 2:5-6 — For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, 6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, (NKJV)
- 1 Tim 2:6 — He gave his life to purchase freedom for everyone. (NTL)
…for us, that He might redeem and purify us for Himself
- Titus 2:11-14 — For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, 12 teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 14 who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works. (NKJV)
- Titus 2:14 — 14 He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people… (NLT)
In conclusion Romans 8:31-32 states it pretty well: “What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?”
Has your heart opened to the love God has for you?